An Update
Hello everyone. So sorry that it's been such a long time since I've updated. Most of you know that I've been picking up hours at a different HMV, an HMV that is open until the late hours of the night (10 p.m.), so my hours have been all over the place. However, my contract has now been terminated (sounds harsh, but it's not, it's just that time), so for now, my HMV jumper is strictly pyjama-wear. It's the end of an era....
Now, because of all this, I haven't gotten out to see/photograph anything new. So, while laying around in bed the other day, I decided to snap some photos of the things that surround me here in London. I certainly don't take enough photos of my room/house, and I think in a couple years time I'd very much like to remember what my walls looked like here. So, I'll share with you...

This is the collection of stuff I have sitting on my radiator and adoring the wall above it. You can see as follows:
- A collection of Christmas cards, including the lovely hand-drawn one of the monster from the SkiFree game from my sistah.
- Some artifacts from the London Underground, including a "No Gambling" sign, a mis-printed no-drinking metal sign, a sticker meant for the closing doors and a Northern Line roundel. No, I didn't steal any of these, they were purchased at the Acton Depot.
- Various newspaper clippings, including a story about Polaroids, a story about Stephen Fry, and some pictures of the English countryside.
- An Oyster Card holder signed by Alan Davies.
- Three vintage 1950's Daci box-cameras (one has film in it, ready to use on my next big adventure!)
- A "The Stig" stress doll bought on sale for 40p at Sainsburys.
- A "Keep the Post Free" squeezy given to me at a protest a long time ago.
- And several of my favorite books (pictured later).

Here is a tiny bit of what sits on my windowsill. In the mini-ketchup bottle are bits of shells collected from the beach in Brighton. The larger holder is the bottom of a 1700-1800s bottle found on the shore of the Thames, and it's filled with old, broken bits of watches found at a stall in Portobello Road market.

Here is a collection of photos that I've taken (most are found on this blog or on Facebook, if you have me on Facebook). These are the only photos that I've had printed of my own since I've been here, the rest of the photos on my wall have been purchased. Having all the photos together like this really shows me what colors/themes I seem to gravitate to... Hmm.

And finally, my four favorite books here in London - there would be five, but Kirsten borrowed the Richard Hammond book when she was out here. Nothing too exciting, and sadly enough I've only read one of them to completion, but that's okay. I'm cherishing them. Especially the bottom on. 'Cuz that one's signed. And in this photo. Mmm.
I'm afraid for now I don't have much else to offer you. I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my room, for those of you who haven't yet made the trek to come and visit me! By the weekend the weather should improve and I should have more (new) photos to show you! x

1 comments:
I have already sent the picture of the shells and watch parts to my desktop, Leanna - you never fail to amaze Dad and I with your photography and how you capture things.
Post a Comment