Monday, January 11, 2010

The (Late) Christmas Post!

Welcome, dear reader, to my very very late Christmas post! I don't have many photos to share, but I thought you'd enjoy the following glimpse into my holiday season!
These lovely people make up 3 of my 4 flatmates. From the left is Tamryn, Kevin and Amanda. I was helping out Amanda and Kevin by taking their photo for a holiday card they were sending to family when Tamryn jumped in the photo for an impromptu snapshot!
On Christmas day we went down to Tamryn's friend's house for a Christmas lunch and some festive mulled-wine drinking.

There was also some festive hat-wearing.

After the lunchtime festivities we retreated back home to video chat friends and families, and begin cooking.

Amanda is vegan and so she cooked a little tiny (albeit expensive) tofurkey, as well as a lovely roast for the rest of us meat eaters. She also made all the stuffing by hand (I know, AMAZING!), and slaved over the stove for hours for the rest of us.

Tamryn is doing her part in stirring the gravy.

This is the only snapshot of our lovely meal that I managed to take before devouring all of it. On the plate you can see the following:
  • Apple dumplings
  • Bun
  • Brocolli Bake
  • Roast Beef
  • Hand-made stuffing with cranberries
  • Potatoes, onions and carrots
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • YUM!
To say the least, OM NOM NOM NOM. It was so very tasty and we all ate so much the rest of the evening was pretty much spent sitting around drifting in and out of sleep.






And finally, to round off the festive day I present to you the build-your-own robot I gifted Kevin with in our flatmate secret santas. You can turn the little switch on underneath and he runs about chomping in a very honorable attempt to be Godzilla. Rawr.

It was a very lovely, low-key Christmas and damn, that food was good!

2 comments:

PunkRawkKnitter January 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I LOVE that dino-bot... What are apple dumplings? All I can think of are like perogies, but stuffed with apples instead of potatoes.

Mom January 13, 2010 at 3:40 AM  

I love the robot, too and I don't think apple dumplings should be mixed up with stuffing and mashed potatoes on the same plate - you should never mix your dessert with your entree - never ever ever - spoils the taste of the dessert! tee hee

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.