Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Abbey Road

Okay, so it's been a really long time since I posted, and I still have some photos to post of my Edinburgh-London trip, but those are going to take a while (there's a good 20-30 other posts in there about random churches....) so I thought for now, I'd move on.

So, welcome to Abbey Road! I won't explain the history of Abbey Road, since I assume that you know. Famous crosswalk blah blah blah. But it's still a 'must-see' whilst in London. And no, I don't have any pictures of my crossing the walk, although I did take some of Kirsten and Brennan walking across.
I thought that this little red mini looked time and place appropriate. There was a steady stream of people crossing the crosswalk, and you can even view the crosswalk via webcam from Abbey Road Studios.
I'm trying to re-create the album cover... with less blue sky and more modern vehicles.
Here's the entrance to Abbey Road Studios, which, of course, still exists and is still operational.


All over the front gate area of Abbey Road Studios, people have been scribbling graffiti and messages for, well, ever. Looks as though they paint over it periodically, since it wasn't as 'crammed' full as I thought.

Well, maybe it is pretty crammed. Very neat, though.
And, of course, the standard picture of the street sign. This sign used to be closer to the sidewalk, but people would write all over it and steal it, so they moved it up to a building instead.

We even walked by Paul McCartney's House later that day - one of his houses is right around the corner from Abbey Road Studios - and it looked as if someone was home, so that's cool. We later found out that it was his birthday that day... we should've left a balloon or something. Heh.

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.