Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wimbledon Fair

A couple weekends ago I attended a fair in Wimbledon Common park. It wasn't a themed fair (like the Victorian/Edwardian Fair I'll post about next), but just your common English Fair, complete with horse jumping and bouncy castles. Oh, and large beetles!
I saw this little fellow while walking down the street to catch the bus. He doesn't look that big on the picture, but he was easily the size of a toonie. Yikes! That's the largest beetle I've ever seen in person.... heh.
There was a man there selling those silly snakes on a stick, too. Very colorful, though.



I did enjoy the opportunity to photograph the horse jumpers.

There was a swampy lake in the middle of the park that the dogs seemed to enjoy.
I'm not sure what is 'Traditional' about this Wimbledon Traditional Fun Fair, but it was certainly fun.
Complete with fake Mickey Mouse bouncy castle. No, I didn't go in.


Lots of colorful rides, but really, the Stampede puts these little fairs to shame in terms of rides (and creepy carnies... but still).

So I gave up on the rides and went back to the horse jumping. The horses we absolutely lovely, and the people were generally crazy. You think hockey parents are bad for yelling at their children for random stuff? Man, some of these parents were rediculous. Good lord.

Either way, it was a very nice day out.

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.