Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Beach!

Well.... the beach. It was lovely to see the ocean, however the weather wasn't the best for beach activities.
It was a little bit snowing. Just a bit. We hid under the shelter of a building while I snapped some pics, then we retreated to a cafe for some soup and tea to wait until the snow subsided.
In the meantime, there were, in fact, surfers out on the water. They were in head-to-toe wetsuits of course, but still. That's dedication!
Eventually the snow subsided and the beach started to look like a real beach again! The weather wasn't much warmer, but I can pretend it was lovely out there. Look at all that sand!
I'm sure that this will be a lovely beach to visit during the hot days of summer, but for now, being inside was more fun.

It was nice to see the ocean, though. And now that I've looked at the map, if I were to stare straight out at the water, I'd be look at Scotland! Pretty cool...

Well, that concludes my week in The Netherlands! I had a ton of fun, and am looking forward to visiting again. Hopefully this time, the weather will be less miserable! I guess i'd better start honing my Dance Dance Revolution skills!

1 comments:

Mom February 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM  

poor Nicole - will she ever get warm?
love the photo of the beach with the fence on the right - very artsy

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.