Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Season

The Christmas Season is upon us, and actually, I can't believe how fast it is happening. The fall seemed to crawl by, however, now that I'm working time is flying.

And yes, that is my little Christmas tree. The little knit hats came off of bottles of juice you can buy in the supermarket, and the rest came from my favorite 'doller' store, Poundland! There are now more knit hats on it, as well as some paper streamers that the roommates added.

We had our office Christmas party on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun, and we all had a good laugh. I got some chocolate and some bath bubbly stuff from my Secret Santra.... and I still don't know who it is haha.

However, since the office Christmas party I've been midly ill. I'm not sure if its something I ate or whatever, but I am going to pick up some medication today and hopefully come Monday/Tuesday (my days off), I'll feel better.

As a side thought, I've had 3 people in the last 2 days tell me that they like my accent, which I think is cool. Its funny since I don't think that I have an accent, but its also nice to have people that enjoy listening to you, even if its not for the content of what I'm saying.

On another side, it is pouring rain outside. Just POURING. More than I've ever seen here in London. And its blowing sideways. I'm hoping in the next 20 minutes before I have to head off to work its subside, although I doubt it.

I still don't know if I will be working at HMV in the new year. Some of the guys I chatted with said that basically what happens is that the company (depending on sales/staff), gets approval to hire a number of staff and they go from there. It's nice to hear that of all the temp staff, the regular staff have bets that I'd be the one asked to stay if we get clearance. I like being liked. Heh. However, I don't know yet whether they will ask any of us - given the whole 'economy' thing, I'm not sure if they'd get approval to hire any of us, and whether or not it'll be full or part-time. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, I guess.

I'm going to make tacos tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. :)

For now, I'm going to go get dressed and battle the rain to get to work.

3 comments:

Nicole December 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

It had better get all the rain out of its system before we get there! Sorry, you may have a pretty crappy week as a result...
No getting sick either!

The accent thing is really strange, havn't had too many comments, but its always funny when people talk about your accent.

Of course everyone likes you! silly Leanna, you're the best!

this disjointed comment brought to you from the wonders of waking up

PunkRawkKnitter December 15, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Dude you complain about the rain...it's like -31 degrees in calgary...it's so cold...

Nice to see you still enjoy getting pounded!

Hope you feel better soon! Eat a satsuma... more for the Vitamin C, but also because it's fun to say... SATSUMA!!!

April December 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

Love your tree! It's very Whoville. It is nice being liked. I like you too! Well, love you actually. okay, getting mushy.

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.