Monday, November 17, 2008

Toasters and Toast

Okay, so here's a thought. English toasters only toast on one side. Yes, I think its funny, too. One side is all nice and toasty and the other side becomes soggy and sticks to the plate. Not cool. However, I put up with it, and even tried stopping the toast halfway and and rotating it.

Then our toaster semi-broke. Well, it still toasts, but the handle thing doesn't stick down, so you have to hold it down for the duration of the toast, which is annoying. However, you always get the perfect toast, so its got its up-side. (On a side note, I haven't yet e-mailed the landlady to determine if this is our responsability to fix or hers).

However, i've just given up. So I'm now doing my toast in my frying pan. I did burn the toast yesterday when I tired (there seems to be a 3 minute window of 'white-toast' and then about a 10 second window of 'well done' before it gets to 'burnt', so it can be a touchy science), but today it was much more satisfying.

Just a thought.

As well, my roommate, Rhi, is going grocery shopping this morning with the car, so she's going to drive me to work. 90p saved - Yay!

3 comments:

PunkRawkKnitter November 17, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Yeah, that was mildly annoying when using your toaster. I can't remember if you had an oven or not, but you can also make oven toast...things tend to be dryer, but sometimes you just want toast...

klucas November 20, 2008 at 3:36 AM  

I want any kind of toast you have, as long as I'm in London.

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

i can remember when i was a kid my friend had one of those toasters! they were scottish!
just a thought! ha i love your blog :)
well done leanna!
cheery-oh
love mainly jenn, but also mark and syd and hudson too

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.