Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thoughts on Food

Note to self: grocery store eating is much much more profitable than ordering in food. For example:

While wounded, I ordered pizza with my roommates. I ordered a large (13.5") pepperoni pizza and chicken fingers. Total cost approximately £20 with delivery, tax and tip. Total meals: 4-6

When semi-better (today), wandered down to the grocery store. With another £20 in hand, look at all the food I bought!

That's right! With the same amount of cash I managed to buy:

  • Honey Shreddies
  • Milk
  • Mayonaise
  • 4 Bananas
  • 3 Apples
  • 2 'Giant' Chocolate Bars
  • Jam
  • Bottle of Coke
  • Sliced Turkey/Ham (not quite sure what this will be like, but we'll see...)
  • Loaf of Bread
  • Ragu
  • Cheese

All together that's probably about 10-20 meals. Grocery store wins!

I'm just happy to have some 'real' food like pasta and fruit and toast and sandwiches - it got tiring eating nothing but dry cereal and leftover oranges (stuff that the old tennant left for me).

Of course, all of you who do a lot of grocery store shopping will already know this, but I just wanted to point it out. Of course, after I got home from the grocery store I still looked up the menu for Gordon Ramsey's Restaurant here in London, as well as Yo!Sushi.

Anyone wanna give me £120 to eat 7 courses at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant? No? I guess it's pasta for dinner then... Haha.

As a side note: Yes my foot is slowly getting better. I did manage to hobble down the street to the grocery store. It hurt while walking though, a lot. My foot and leg actually started shaking by the time I got down the hill and I was sufficiently wiped by the time I had bought my food and walked back. That is partly to blame on the high humidity today, but mostly on the foot, I'm thinking. If the weather tomorrow is decent, I think I'll head into the city - I'm tired of being cooped up here.

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.