Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Day of Walking

Well, hello and welcome to my day of walking, or, what would turn out to be my day of 'injuring my foot!' Bah. So, the story goes...

I had to check out of my hotel at 10 a.m., but couldn't get to my new apartment until 5:30 p.m. So I went out walking!
These three photos are of St. Steven with St. John church. You can read all about its history here.
Here is a mini replica of Big Ben. It is located just outside Victoria Tube/Rail Station near my hotel. I remember finding some information about it at one point, but can't seem to find it again. Either way it's pretty neat.
What's this? A crime scene?!
Nope, it's just the police controlling the tourists at the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. What a horde of people that was.
Although I did see Big Ben poking through the trees behind me.

One last look at the crowds that had gathered (half an hour before the guards were due to change, anyways!), and I decided to high-tail it out of there.Although I did see this mini-parade on its way towards Buckingham Palace. That was enough for me!

After that, I wandered all the way up to the British Museum, through Oxford Circus, Picadilly Circus and Hamley's - the toy store! I stopped at the Apple Store to use it as an internet cafe (I mean... to look at the Macs...) and ate at Subway (yes, I sure did! It was just... alright. Haha).

Apart from the injuring-my-foot bit, it was a very lovely day!

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.