QI
Okay, okay, I know... you're not meant to take photos in a television studio. Yes, I'm breaking all the rules. And no, I don't care! I had to... really, I couldn't resist. It's freaking QI!
This was an episode for series H of QI that will air in the fall. As you might be able to see, the set was done up all spooky - fake bats, fake webs and a webby backdrop. The H in this particular episode stands for 'Horror' - Stephen Fry said that the BBC wanted to cover their bottoms and didn't want to make it the 'Halloween' episode, in case they couldn't air it over Halloween.
The guests for this episode were Stephen Fry (of course), Alan Davies (as always), Dara O'Briain, Sean Locke, and a bloke called Chris Addison. It was a really funny evening and I'm looking forward to watching the edited episode.
Here's some funny things I remember from the evening:
- Stephen Fry was wearing a green striped shirt with a pink & purple tie.
- Stephen Fry's hair is getting crazy long - Alan Davies said he looked like Richard Hammond while S.F. responded that he thought it was more like James May.
- Alan Davies was wearing a blue flowered shirt.
- One of the fun facts was regarding Canada! It was a bar in the Yukon that apparently will put an old toe into a drink for you. You don't drink the toe, but apparently your lips have to touch the toe. Gross.
- They talked about where a snake's tail actually started.
- Alan's buzzer was Piers Morgan saying "Hello, I'm Piers Morgan" while everyone elses were various gross noises.
- They talked about how to fancy-fold toilet paper, and S.F. gave everyone sample toilet paper to play with. Sean Locke stole his, saying he was going to take it home.
- Sean Locke had a (off-camera) rant about his inability to find shampoo meant for greasy hair while in Spain.
- They also brought out tinned fish from Sweden. It's called 'surstromming' and it's basically fermented, rotted fish in a can. It continues to ferment in the can, which results in the can bulging out. Apparently the smell is so horrible you have to either open it under water or outdoors.
And that's all! I'm interested to find out what bits make it to the cut. I've got a ticket to see it again next week, so here's hoping for another good show!
0 comments:
Post a Comment