Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shiver

As you can clearly see, the UK is in the middle of what the BBC calls a "deep freeze". I admit, temperatures of -20 isn't exactly "deep freeze" material for me, but it is for the rest of the UK population, where we're running out of gas and salt, and our poor little birds are dying, which is sad. In the meantime, it looks lovely and crisp outside, and I'm doing my part in feeding the birds.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I've worked now 10 days in a row, out of choice I should mention since today is my last day and I wanted to squeeze as many shifts in as I could. I'm going out with work people to celebrate (?) my last day and as of tomorrow, I'm unemployed again. I've got a list of posts that are on their way soon enough, most of them leftover from Christmas and New Years. Oh well, we can still remember the recently-departed holiday season!

For now, I'm off to work!

2 comments:

Mom January 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

oh Leanna - how long are they predicting this is going to last? all their beautiful birds!
You must be exhausted!

PunkRawkKnitter January 10, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

The exact opposite happened in Australia. They had a heat wave, with temperatures rising to 53C and a whole bunch of birds died. The remaining population of some endangered cockatoos was halved... really sad!

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.