In light of not having much to blog about this evening, and yet having the desire to blog and blog and blog, I'll share with you an amusing Twitter joke I shared with QI's Alan Davies.
(fyi: Read from the bottom to the top of the picture, "tweets" are posted according to time). Poor Alan Davies was complaining that he wasn't getting paid very much money to 'perform'/speak at a literary festival, and to be honest, I was a bit shocked that they were only giving him 150 quid, too. First thing I thought to myself was "Hey, I've got 150 quid, *I* could hire Alan Davies!"... and so I posted it. As the British say, I'm quite chuffed (pleased) that we shared this little moment of banter. If only my birthday was actually coming up and I had 150 quid to send him...

P.S. For those of you who don't know who Alan Davies is, shame on you! No, I'm kidding. But he's really funny and terribly sweet and I met him at the book signing back in the day. He's also wicked smart, despite what you see on QI, having spent a great deal of time on political chat shows following the appearance of the BNP's Nick Griffin on the BBC's Question Time last week. (I imagine this means very little to most of you, just Google it if you want, I really don't know a whole lot about it either).
Okay, back to the point. Alan Davies is awesome. And you should know who he is. Here's some YouTube videos for your amusement:
Here's some clips from QI:
And here's a slightly more serious version talking about his book:
I look forward to more Twitter-inspired conversations in the future... for now I really must clean the kitchen from the pie-making and get some sleep before work!
0 comments:
Post a Comment