Saturday, October 24, 2009

He's Not the Messiah, He's a Very Naughty Boy

I apologize in advance for the poor quality of this picture and the following videos. I wasn't supposed to be taking photos and/or videos in the Royal Albert Hall, so I had to do it sneakily!

Tonight was the one and only London showing of Eric Idle's/Monty Python (minus Cleese) new show called "He's Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy)", based on the movie Life of Brian. It was performed at the Royal Albert Hall, which is a lovely venue. It was an opera, hence the full orchestra. This, of course, didn't stop the silliness.

Eric Idle was on stage all of the time, providing one of the singing voices along with some other trained singers. The other 3 guys did random cameos throughout the performance, which were always awesome.

Here are the sneaky videos that I took, and, seriously, the quality is crap. I'm just warning you.

This is the finale of the actual show, a lovely rendition of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" sung by the wonderful Eric Idle and the crowd. You might be able to see that we're all swinging lights in the air. We were given proper electric candles when we checked our ticket, with instructions on when to use it. That's right. We're a coordinated crowd.



And here's the encore, a wonderful rendition of "I'm a Lumberjack" by the wonderful Michael Palin. I missed the beginning bit where he tore his toga off (first picture) to reveal his lumberjack uniform.

This video really is all over the place, particularly at the beginning. I was fumbling with the camera. Sit still, it'll get better after about 15 seconds.



Always good fun. Glad to see that they still enjoy performing the crowd favorites.

They were also taping this whole performance, so I'm hoping it'll end up as a DVD as one point. Then I see a better quality video than these. However, in the meantime, enjoy the videos here.

I don't know if the guys stuck around to do autographs or not, I didn't stay. I'm not sure I wanted to battle the 5,500 other people to say hi and snap a photo. Next time!

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.