Thursday, October 22, 2009

Graham Norton

Didn't do a whole lot for most of the day, and spent the rest of the day in the queue to go see the Graham Norton Show. Which is a shame since the weather was actually clear and sunny, despite the BBC's prediction of rain and misery all around.

The Graham Norton Show itself was really entertaining! Not as funny as when I got to see Jo Brand, Alan Carr and Sean Locke on another comedy show, since they were brilliant, but pretty entertaining none the less.

The guests included Isabella Rossellini, some comedian lady (who was very funny), Lily Cole (model/actress - appearing in the new The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus), and fellow Canadian and singer-man, Micheal Buble. Of all the guests, Micheal Buble was probably the most surprising - he was damn funny and really fun to watch, despite not being a fan of his music. Plus, he's Canadian. So that's cool.

As a side, I've been super lucky with seating for most of these shows. Even though I'm there early enough to be within the first 10 people in the main queue, we get bumped behind "production guests" and "priority pass people", and in this case, there were about a hundred of people that got into the studio before us. It's a big studio, and so I ended up around the middle, but far enough away that it wasn't going to be super fun. But, because I was on my own, I ended up being bumped up to the 3rd row because they had holes to fill. Haha! Take that all you people with friends! Suckers!

I didn't take any pictures... since you're not allowed to in the studio, so instead I'll share with you some of my favorite YouTube clips of the Graham Norton Show:

Here's Glenn Close and Alan Carr:

Part 2 can be found here.

And here's part 1 of 4 of Eddie Izzard and Harry Shearer's visit, which is wicked fun if you watch all 4 parts.

Here you can find part 2, part 3, and part 4.

And here's part 2 of 3 of David Tennant and Jo Brand's Visit:



You can see part 1 and part 3. I posted part 2 since it was the funniest.

The show airs on Monday, so maybe I'll tune in and see what the finished product looks like.

Cheerio for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous October 23, 2009 at 4:27 AM  

omg omg...michael buble...used to call him the bubble boy...heehe
he is super funny, have seen hime in some interviews before...but never in person...so v. jealous leanna! glad you had a good time!
love reading your posts...
showed sydney the pic of the pigeons..thought it was cool!
love the clan from niagara...
xoxo
jenn

Shauna October 23, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

oh how friend, do i miss you dearly
take care :D
with love
the ho

Aleida Conradson October 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

did you tell michael buble i'm single?!?!

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.