More Eagles at the Alternative Fete
Today I went to the London Alternative Fete on the South Bank. It was supposed to be an alternative arts & crafts market, but it wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. It was several booths with some crafty stuff, as well as a booth where you could make your own pom pom or learn to hula hoop.
Luckily they had the hawk man from Hawk Experience from Warwick Castle there with his eagles. He did two separate shows and I stuck around for both, since they were only 15 minutes long and I love the opportunity to photograph the birds.

This is Ernie the Eagle Owl. He is newer than the other birds and was slightly mischievous. About halfway through his part of the show he flew off to a tree nearby and stayed there for the next 2 hours or so. Chris the hawk man didn't fly the birds around like he did at Warwick, they just hopped around the ate dead birds.
Nom nom nom baby chicken.
This is Sydney the Bald Eagle.

I like Sydney. She let me get reasonably close, which was a bonus. Zoom lens helped, too.
This reminds me of a picture that should be on a stamp or an American flag or something.
This is Nikita the Sea Eagle. Nikita is the eagle that I took a picture of way back in the day.
I like this eagle because she has such a distinct little tongue. Very cute. In a flesh-tearing kind of way. The trainer was explaining that they aren't friendly birds, even though they are domestic, and as he was doing that, the eagle nipped him on the hand and gave him quite a wound. Yikes. I'm glad that I stumbled upon the eagles, since the rest of the day wasn't that exciting. But, I enjoyed taking these photos and I hope you enjoyed seeing them.
2 comments:
Since you were taking pictures of all these interesting birds, Dad wants to know if you saw any gorillas running around downtown London - he says a 'group' for protecting wildlife or something had a bunch of people running around London in gorilla suits. that might have made funny pictures, too?
I'm jealous that you saw the birds again, I was just thinking of them the other day... That was a fun day at Warwick... I would go back. If I come to London before you leave we should do a day trip? maybe... We'll see. I keep my eye on seat sales to London... so.. you may have a spontaneous visitor sometime.. :P
Post a Comment