Monday, July 27, 2009

Bristol

Hello everyone, and welcome to Bristol. I spent a night and two days here a week or so ago to visit the Banksy vs Bristol Museum exhibition, but since the queues for the museum were expected to be at least an hour, I thought I'd make an overnight trip of it and queue up early the next morning. Turns out Bristol has a fair amount to offer - some lovely churches and an interesting vibe to it. We'll get started with some standard pictures of the city:

This is the Bristol Hippodrome - some kind of theatre where all the shows happen.
This is the planetarium at the @ Science centre in Bristol. Unfortunately the Science centre wasn't the best I'd been too, but I got a free planetarium show out of it, so that was cool.
They had a bunch of lights on strings just outside the planetarium which the children loved to play with.
It was a rather cloudy day - unfortunately the sun didn't come out much.
But I did find some colorful houses! Not sure if there is any historical significance to these buildings or if they are just fancy-colored since they are up on a hill.
And a fountain! I saw this on the way to Clifton Suspension Bridge, which you will see in another post.

Another post coming up!

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.