Monday, June 8, 2009

Arthur's Seat

This is Arthur's Seat. We didn't get the chance to walk up it, mainly because there were so many other things to do in Edinburgh! Besides, the view from the top of Edinburgh Castle was also pretty impressive.


The hill rises above the city to a heigh of 251 m. Many claim that its name is a derivation of a myriad of legends pertaining to King Arthur, however, it has also been claimed that the name is a corruption of the phrase "Archer's Seat", on the supposition that the rock was a significant point of city defence in the Middle Ages.
Next time I visit Edinburgh I will definitely try to walk to the top. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures from the bottom!
Given the weather, it was a very popular spot for hiking while we were there. I imagine that in the fall the colors would be lovely!

1 comments:

Mom June 13, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Please remind Kirsten to post a comment on your blog after she has climbed Arthur's Seat, Leanna. I am curious to see how long it takes and to see the views from that vantage point. :)

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.