Rotterdam!
I really should just call this post "Rotterdam Zoo", as I didn't take any pictures outside the zoo. We spent almost all of the daylight hours at the zoo, where Nicole got us in free! Yay! The zoo, while questionable at the beginning, turned out to be very lovely.
Rotterdam is actually known for its modern architecture. The German army invaded the Netherlands on 10 May 1940. The heart of the city was almost completely destroyed by the German Luftwaffe - everything except the city hall, which is where the planned to have their Netherlands headquarters during the invasion.
Yes, we had lots of fun at the zoo, and yes, we're very mature, too.
Here's a owl. He's got his eyes closed - I think he's trying to pretend we don't exist. He looks so soft, I'd love to touch him, if only it weren't for the chances of losing a finger...
Although the weather was warmer than Amsterdam, there still was a decent amount of ice on the ponds.... hence the duck standing on ice.
Turtle, turtle!
Here are some lovely birds. Unfortunately I had to squeeze the pictures between the chain-link fence, so they are not the best quality photos. These birds sure were talkative and reasonably friendly, too.
And some parrots - again, photos through chain-link fences aren't the best way to take them, but that's what I've got.
These have got to be the brightest birds I've ever seen! It looks like they would glow in the dark!
Is that a turtle, or Nicole? Who knows! Haha.
And finally, some seals. They were a lot of fun to watch, and seemed to be enjoying the sunlight. If you want to take a look at some of the famous architecture of Rotterdam, you can click on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rotterdam_Cube_House.jpg These are the cube houses of Rotterdam.
After visiting the zoo we went for the *best* sushi at Happy Sushi. It was so, so, so very good, and I miss it already. Not cheap, but good. MMMmmmmm.
Rotterdam is definitely on my list of placed to re-visit. Next time I go harass, I mean visit Nicole in Leiden, I will definitely head to Rotterdam as well.
Up next.... Delft!
1 comments:
Ducks on ice...sounds like an ice capades show...
Post a Comment