Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Update

Here is a mini update for you. It's been a couple of days since I updated, and that's mainly because I've been too busy having fun with Matt and Mandy! But I have taken some pictures and thought it was about time to post them!

Sunday before I met Matt and Mandy at St. Pancras station, I wandered down to Trafalgar Square where they were having a festival for Diwali!

What is Diwali, you ask? Well, according to Wikipedia (yes, again!), Diwali is "is a major Indian festival, and a significant festival in Hinduism, Sikhism and Jainism. Many legends are associated with Diwali. Today it is celebrated by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs across the globe as the "Festival of Light," where the lights or lamps signify victory of good over the evil within every human being . The festival is also celebrated by Buddhists of Nepal."

As you can see Trafalgar Square was absolutely PACKED! I'm stading to the side of the stage where they had singers and dancers. I don't know which god/deity this was, but I love the colors.
After that I picked Matt and Mandy up and we had a lazy evening at the apartment, eating pizza (with the RANCH sauce that they brought me all the way from CANADA!)
Monday we visited Westminster Abbey for a bit, then Matt and Mandy went to the London Aquarium. I opted out of the Aquarium and walked the South Bank all the way from Westminster Bridge to London Bridge. It was a lovely walk and took about an hour at my slow-poke, picture-taking pace.
After that I took to the tube back to meet them and we carried on. They went to a Mighty Boosh concert that night, and I had a lazy evening doing laundry and the likes.
This morning we went to Oxford circus and Picadilly circus to do some shopping, before hopping on a amphibious (spelling??) vehicle (called a DUCK!) and did a tour of the Wesminster area and the Thames river.
Here's Matt and Mandy looked excited (maybe?) for the tour!


Here's a couple of the pictures I snapped before my camera untimely died. Silly me, forgetting to charge the batteries.

We had afternoon tea at Harrod's and did some more shopping. I bought a couple awesome jars (doesn't sound awesome, but trust me, it is. I will take pictures), and we spent the rest of the evening at home.

Tomorrow the plan is to visit the Tower of London, the London Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, the British Museum, and possible a London Walk in the evening.

I'll post more pictures later!

1 comments:

Mom October 22, 2008 at 3:18 AM  

as usual great pictures Leanna! loved the one looking up at the tower bridge (?)

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.