Getting Settled
So, as promised, more posting is going to start now that I've found an apartment. Yes, indeed, I've got a place to stay!
If you would like to write to me via snail mail, please e-mail me for my address and you can do just that!
Funnily enough, GoogleMaps cannot locate the house if you just type in the address, so if you want to get a visual idea of where I am living, simply look up Southfields Tube Station and look from there:
So yes, as you can see I'm very close to Wimbledon and all the tennis hoopla that comes along with it. It's a lovely area, and very safe, which is a huge bonus - not that I'm much of a partier, anyways.
I haven't been able to get out much and explore, mainly because I'm basically couch/bed ridden until my damn foot gets better. The story goes like this:
So, Thursday. My last day in the hotel. I have to be out of the hotel by 10 a.m., but cannot move into the apartment until 5 p.m. or so. No biggie, I'll spend the day wandering around and exploring! I have managed to stub my toe pretty hard, and so it hurts a lot.
No biggie, I set out walking, walking slightly incorrectly mind you to overcompensate for my toe. I walked all the way from my hotel through Buckingham Palace, up to the British Museum and back over the course of about 7 hours. My foot hurt by the end, but nothing an 8 hour standing shift at Subway wouldn't do to me, so I just went to bed.
I dunno what the hell I did during the night, but when I work up yesterday, I couldn't even walk on it. Seriously. Not at all. I'm hobbling around the apartment like a cripple on one foot. It sucks.
It feels like all the muscles in my foot are crampd and knotted, and that my heel is all bruised. What the hell! I feel very useless being couch/bed ridden, because there's even stuff around this house I want/need to do! Things like cooking and cleaning and doing inventory and calling the council tax people. And showering....
But, for now, yes, I'm going to be on the couch for a while. Which probably means a lot of posts today to catch up for the whole week of non-posting, but other than that, nothing much is going to happen in the next couple of days until I can walk again. And that better happen soon, as I am pretty much out of food and the nearest grocery store is about a 10 minute walk. Bah!
I haven't even taken pictures of my room or of the place yet, but those will follow the moment I can stand for long periods again.
For now, I will post some of the other pictures that I've taken! Stay tuned...
1 comments:
ah leanna we are sorry to hear you hurt your foot what the f@$%! anyhow hope you are well otherwise and look forwardto your posts to come, nice pictures, and i love the one of the grapes lady!! maybe we can get skype all figured out and hook up a camera in time for thanks giving!!!
love you and miss you, jenn, mark, syd and hudson! xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment