Saturday, June 19, 2010

Barry Island and a Beach

Last Thursday I visited Cardiff again, and we decided to spend the day at the beach! The beach in question is Barry Island, and it's about 9 miles away from Cardiff. As fellow Canadians you will understand my love of beaches, and lament the fact that we don't have any good sandy beaches near us in Calgary.



While the water wasn't warm, it's certainly warmer than the icy waters of Vancouver. The weather was perfect and sunny, and the wind off the water kept me cool.







Here's a panorama of the lovely view back towards the beach.



Look! A photo of me! And we're not wearing any shoes. Lovely. (Ignore the crazy hair).


Just beside the main beach at Barry Island there is another quieter, more secluded beach perfect for wandering and being pounced on by wet dogs.

Afterwards we enjoyed a chocolate milkshake (Oddly called a 'schmoo') to cool down!

It was a lovely day at the beach and I'm looking forward to going back one day!

4 comments:

Mom June 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

what a beautiful place, Leanna - and as usual - lovely pics (even with the crazy hair!)

Nicole June 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Thanks for making me jealous again=great photos.
I've got results to write!

sister June 20, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

hey i like the crazy hair... but the word schmoo kind of weirds me out.

PunkRawkKnitter June 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

schmoo! I love the word schmoo! It will be Ruby's new nickname... I'm going to Vancouver in July, and I'm thinking I might have to drag everyone to the beach... I'm super jealous...

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.