Monday, February 1, 2010

Parrots, French Cooking and GBK

Hello, dear readers, and welcome back to my blog. I am (for now) done with HMV, and entertaining Kirsten here in London, so look forward to semi-frequent posts while we trod all around London and areas having fun.

This morning Kirsten and I went down to Bushy Park, which is where I first found the deer. We were lucky in that we spotted them quite quickly and didn't have to wander around too much in the chilly wind. They were reasonably friendly, but as I wasn't offering them food like last time, they didn't get too close. I was also trying out my new 50mm 1.8 lens, so I don't have the zoom capabilities that my other lens did, even though it's wonderfully fast and sharp and awesome. I'm a little bummed that I didn't have the zoom, since for the first time I properly saw the green parrots of Richmond Park! They do come to my neighbourhood often, but I rarely have my camera around. This time there were tons of them around the park! I love them.

After that we his up Harrods to gasp at the outrageous prices of goods I have no desire to own, and then hit up Selfridges, where I bought myself a copy of a book I'm very much looking forward to reading:
I finally found it on paperback and I'm very much looking forward to going through it and learning how to properly cook things like mushrooms and butter. Hah.

After that we went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen and ate ourselves silly. I had the garlic mayo burger and now reek of garlic. Yum yum. But our waiter, after asking us to fill out a customer response card, gave us a 10 quid off coupon for next time, so we might just have to hit them up again.

For now that's all the excitement I can share! Tomorrow we're off to see the London Transport Museum, and then whatever catches out fancy. That's the beauty of vacation.

1 comments:

Mom February 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I was wondering if you would forever just search recipes on line or eventually start collecting cookbooks. This is a lovely start to a great collection and I bet Jen would agree. There is nothing like a cookbook in your hands.

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.