Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Frost, Traffic Lights and Charles Dickens

For a lack of better things to do yesterday in London, I decided to just see some random stuff that had been sitting on my list for a while now.

But first, frost. We got frost overnight. Probably the closest London will get to snow in the whole of December.



For my first stop I trekked all the way into East London to see a work of 'art' that I had been meaning to see for a long time. It's a tree made of traffic lights. You can see it on the top right-hand picture above. On the left was a sun dog that I happened to notice in the sky. More about sun dogs here on Wikipedia.






You can see the whole of the 'traffic light tree' on the right. I find it amusing because it is situated in the middle of a traffic circle in the Docklands. I just wonder if there are any tourists that show up to the traffic circle and freak out thinking that they will have to pay attention to these randomly changing signals... not understanding how a traffic circle works. Heh.

On the left is the Old Curiosity Shop, made famous by Charles Dickens. It is located near the London School of Economics in Holborn, and is now sadly a shoe shop. Pity.


That's about all I have to share with you this week, I'm afraid. While it was sunny outside, the wind was whippingly cold and miserable, and I started to get chilly and therefore retired to head home by about 2 p.m. Today is reserved for laundry and a fair amount of baking. Might throw in a visit to the ducks in the park later today if I feel like getting dressed.

1 comments:

Mom December 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

ooo Leanna, please send me this last close up of the traffic lights and the first one of the frost on the leaves too
beautiful
and you didn't say where that interesting piece of glass (?) was with the spiral in it (stained glass?)

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.