Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3rd

Today's barely-legible fact about the Stig is as follows. Some say...

... He thinks tinsel is a snack.

Heh. These are getting better and better.

Back at work now for the long haul. Technically today is my Monday, as I now work 5 days straight until Tuesday. Today was remarkably slow, which was a nice break. Got some things done, sold lots of copies of both Twilight and Susan Boyle. Sigh. People are so predictable.

In lack of exciting photos to show you, and in light of my newly learned grasp of the "advanced" settings on my VLC player, I will instead, offer you some of my favorite clips from things I have watched over the past week.

First up, Bolt... and whose that on the phone?


Seriously. Rhino the hamster was the best part of that movie. Heh.

And finally, we all know that season G of QI started last week and filled us all with lots of joy. Well, it filled me with joy. And I'd like to share some of that joy with you in the form of the following clips: (Spoiler warning for those of you who still want to watch the whole episode... can you do spoilers on an informational show?).





I'm still working on this "record" function, so I apologize if there's bits and pieces missing from the beginning and/or ends of the videos. Either way, you get the point. And the humor, I hope.

I'm currently sitting around waiting for the newest episode to air at 9:30 p.m. I'm started to get sleepy, though, and may retreat to bed before QI airs. What a travesty that'll be.

In other news, I've taken quite a liking to mushrooms recently, and have included them in almost every meal I've eaten in the past week. Portobello mushrooms are quickly becoming my favorite, although the "exotic mushroom selection" at Sainsbury's will also hold a dear (yet very expensive) place in my heart.

I also successfully made pizza this week. Last time I tried to make the dough and everything it was too dough... y. This time I cooked it just right and it was yummy. I will need to stock up on tomato paste and start making pizza with any kind of leftovers I have kicking about.

I also went a bit crazy on the baking yesterday and made jam cookies (which I messed up on the icing a bit...), pineapple upside-down cake and two loaves of banana bread. Odd that now that I've got all this tasty sweet food around me all I want to do is eat vegetables and meat. Heh.

The weather here has been miserable. Yes I know I shouldn't complain, but it was chilly enough today to cause my Canadian flatmate to say "It's Canadian cold outside!". So it's got to be quite cold, then.

That's about all the news I've got to share with you today. I'm back at work bright and early tomorrow morning at 8, so won't be waiting around long. Might just rely on the BBC iplayer to watch QI in the morning. I'm sleepy now...

ZZzzZzZZZZzzzz

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.