Sunday, November 29, 2009

Twilight

Oh dear god. What have I done? I've started a blog post about the movie Twilight. Kill me know.

My flatmate, the sweet thing she is, convinced me to go see the newest movie in the 'saga', called New Moon, with her last night. I reluctantly agreed, and was looking forward to at least attending the movies, which I haven't done in ages.

Many of you LOVE the books/movies. And by LOVE, I mean LOVE. LOVE in capital, bold-faced, italicized font. LOVE in 72pt font. I got it. It's okay. I have that kind of love for other things in life... Twilight, I fear, holds no love for me. The first movie was painful. The acting was painful and the story felt juvenile to me.

I'm happy to report that even though this new movie contained all the poor acting and angst-ridden teenage drama that I'm sad to admit I don't relate to anymore (BUT I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!), it was more action packed and had a larger budget, which was more pleasing to the eye.

Why is this relevant, you ask? Well, the point of all those well-thought-out paragraphs above was to get to this point. Sitting through the movie and eating an entire bag of candy from Poundland was so that I could direct you to this video:



What is this, a TWILIGHT video? Well... sort of.

Remember Mystery Science Theatre 300? If you don't, SHAME ON YOU! If you do, then there's no further explanation required. The lovely minds/voices from the original series (some of them), have reformed to make Rifftrax, which do the same thing MST3K did with old, crappy movies, but to current, crappy movies. And above is a taste of what they've done to the first Twilight movie. It's pretty humorous. And I think you should watch it.

I won't, however, encourage you to see Twilight: New Moon. I'll leave that life-altering decision up to you.

2 comments:

Mom November 30, 2009 at 2:42 AM  

I was ready to disown you for a twilight blog entry Leanna but you redeemed yourself with the Rifftrax. only just. :)

Nicole November 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You delivered, all is forgiven.

Though how you were stupid enough to go see another one is beyond me. But how can you mock it otherwise. You are stronger than me.

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.