Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Fantastic Mr. Fox Premiere

Today I attended the World Premiere of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a stop-action movie based on the story by Roald Dahl. It was also the opening of the London Film Festival, which should be good fun.

It was chilly outside, but I made some friends while in the queue, which ended up being good fun. We had a couple laughs and got to keep each other company for the 6 hours we all stood outside for. We also had the entertainment of two nearby police officers, and they were just plain brilliant.
First appearance on the red carpet - a famous pigeon! No autograph, though.
This is Myleene Klass. She is a trained pianist turned UK-reality-tv-girl-group turned media-correspondent. She's on TV. Whatever.
And look! It's George Clooney! Of all the people who showed, he was the best - he made sure everyone who wanted an autograph got one, including the little girl right beside me. She was so happy, it's so sweet.
And look again! It's Jonathan Ross! He's become another one of my favorite late-night people to watch, as he hosts "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross". Also, he's been on QI (continuing the QI theme here.) His wife has funny hair.
This is the director, Wes Anderson. He's directed things like The Darjeeling Limited, The Royal Tenenbaums and some other movies I've never seen.
And some other cool people turned up, too, like Sir Ben Kingsley, who looks pretty badass. He's even got some young lady - who upon some internet research might just be his 4th wife - with him.
This is Jason Schwartzman. He's been in a lot of movies, but I remember him as playing the role of Louis XVI in Marie Antionette.
Aaaand this is Peter Andre. I don't really want to post a photo of him, since I'm not a fan, at all, but the girl who's head he's grabbing is one of the gals that I met up with at the premiere and I thought she might appreciate having the photo. Looks like she's telling him off in the photo, though. Hah.

If you don't know, Peter Andre is a singer. He's also the ex-husband of "Jordan" slash Katie Price (model with big boobs), and they are still in the middle of a messy divorce and they keep slagging each other off in the press, which isn't all that nice. Either way, the ladies love him.
And finally, a big YAY for Bill Murray! He's probably the only man who can wear a hat like that and a pink bow tie and still look pretty damn cool. That woman has something to do with the film festival, but I can't remember. It's unfortunate that Bill Murray didn't stick around longer to chat, because I think that that would be fun.

Unfortunately neither Owen Wilson nor Meryl Streep showed, which was sad. But it was still a good evening and lots of fun. Now that I'll be returning to HMV in the next couple of weeks, this very well could be my last film premiere. Besides, with the dark and the cold, it's not as much fun any more.

Still, it was cool to see Bill Murray.

2 comments:

Mom October 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

Jason S looks like he is looking right at your camera, Leanna. Though I think I like the Bill Murray pic best. Always thought Clooney was a nice guy, too. fun fun fun - is your life ever boring??

Anonymous October 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

oh leanna, you are one lucky lady...i agree with your mom, it does look like jason is looking right at me, oh i mean you! i love that guy...
did you know...he sings, he did that song from a dentyne commercial,sunny day! or rain on me...coconut records i think is the band name?
any hoo, you are having a fabulous life over there arent you!!
love, jenn and company!!
xoxo

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.