Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Food

Lately I've bit a bit obsessed with cooking, or, at least, trying new recipes. Turns out it hasn't been as hard as I thought, and other than a slightly undercooked episode of banana bread, I've been reasonably sucessful!
My first attempt at a new recipe was this. I read it on the website and my mouth drooled just reading through it. So I grilled up a steak (above), which, if I might say, I'm getting pretty good at.
And then topped it with caramalized onions in a cream and blue cheese sauce. The end result was so good I ate it before I took a picture, But you can imagine. It was freaking awesome.
And, the next day I got to use the creamy leftovers to make a fetucinni alfredo! That's right, innovation. Hahahaha.
And then last night I made a pie! To be fair, I didn't make the pastry, that came out of a roll, but I did mix the pork with the mashed potatoes and pinched all the corners to make it pretty. Excuse the tiny hold in the bottom, I wanted to make sure the bottom was cooked before it got too cool.
And I made cookies! This is before I put icing on them, and before they were devoured by some of the people I live with. And yes, that's my apron. I know, it rocks.

I'm running out of food recipes to try, so if you have any favorites, let me know! I want more recipes. :)

7 comments:

PunkRawkKnitter September 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Hah! You read pioneer woman too! I'm a big fan for trolling dinnerwithjulie.com for new things, and since she's based in calgary, I can steal her seasonal recipes.

Other websites you wanna try out:
epicurious.com
notmartha.org

you can delve into the wide world of bento, since I'm sure London has a better supply shop than Calgary.

annathered.wordpress.com
justbento.com
or it's sister site for japnese-y food justhungry.com

for baking keep an eye on

Bakerella.com
Bakingbites.com

and thats all the sites I gonna reveal since I gotta keep some to myself.

Have you lost weight? You look really good!

Anonymous September 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

oh i have some good ones and actually dinner with julie was gonna be my top rec. i love julie and her blog, she has such a fantastic take on food!
so here is a few other place i like to go...
sevenspoons
smittenkitchen
they both are linked from julies blog....

http://moira-thegoodegg.blogspot.com
she has some neat stuff
your pie,steak and cookies look awesome! so proud of you leanna!
love ya,
jennxoxo

Anonymous September 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

oh i forgot underthehighchair has great recipes, she too is linked on julies blog!
http://nikacooks.blogspot.com
this is a friend of mine, i went to cooking school with her, and if youlike read from the beginning, when she worked at peller, she gives a womans perspective of working in a testosterone filled environment!
jenn :)

Nicole September 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

you are awesome. you know that right?

Mom September 17, 2009 at 4:05 AM  

Leanna, did you cut out that meat pie so it looked like a face? was that intentional? very cute
Awesome job Leanna, very proud of you - I knew that my girls would be bakers some day just like their mom! it is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! though I must be the only person that still gets their recipes from books and not blogs/websites
old fashioned I guess :)

sister September 18, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

that cream sauce reminds me of my clotted cream....*sob*

Shauna September 18, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

Leanna! It's shauna
your food creations look tantalizing
i miss you friend!!

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.