The Truth About Love Premiere
Last night I decided to brave the crowds (again!), and head down to Leicester Square to see another movie premiere. This time it's The Ugly Truth with Katharine Heigl and Gerard Butler. I seem to have underestimated the love of random girls everywhere for Gerald Butler, because it was hella packed!
I did manage to find myself a decent spot, right beside the red carpet and the official photographers. I wasn't up against the railing though, and by the time the stars actually came out, we we rather squished.
They did start the event with a dance sequence by some fancy dancers, which was a bit fun.
Look at all those cameras! The really fancy photographers had a stand to clip their laptop to the front of the railings, and their camera was hooked up to their computer, I imagine, sending their pictures directly to their people. Some of them even had the little foldable step stool that I bought. I'm on my way!
This is Sharleen Spiteri. She is a Scottish singer.
This is Tamara Ecclestone. She is, according to Wikipedia, an English socialite, television personality, and model. She is the daughter of former Formula 1 champ Bernie Ecclestone, and is very rich, apparently.
These are boys. They are in a band of some kind. Apparently they just released a single this week. And they must not be well known, since one of the main security guys had to bring their CD over to show the photographers, because even they didn't know who these guys were.
This is Preeya Kalidas. She is a singer/actress who played a role in Bend it like Beckham (I never saw that movie), and now is in a British drama/soap called EastEnders.
This is Karly Ashworth and Kenneth Tong. Big Brother contestants. I'm not sure if being on some reality show qualifies you for red-carpetness.... but oh well.
This is Bianca Gascoigne. She is a glamor model and reality tv contestant as well. They sure do love their reality tv here...
This is a girl named Maria Prie. She is famous, but for what, I have no idea. Google hasn't helped either.
This is Patsy Palmer and what appears to be her teenaged son. He wasn't too happy before the cameras started snapping away. She is also in EastEnders.
This is Nikki Grahame. She was also a contestant on Big Brother (good lord). She also usually looks like this:
Hahahaha. And, on a more serious note, she has battled eating disorders in the past, which is quite obvious, I think.
This is Robert Luketic. He is the director. He has directed things in the past like Legally Blonde and Win a Date with Tad Hamilton.
This is Kelly Brook. She is a model and occasionally designs swimwear. She also appeared in Strickly Come Dancing. And she couldn't keep her dress up. She kept having to pull it up constantly. Bad situation with all these camera people around.
And look! It's Katherine Heigl. It was always said on those gossip websites that she was mean, but she seemed quite sweet to the fans. Both her and Gerald Butler took ages posing with everyone and signing things.
Quite a sparkly dress, if I do say so myself.
And look again! It's Gerald Butler!
I'm not entirely sure what is going on here, but it looks rather amusing.
And it's Gerald Butler running away! His assistant person was dragging him away from the screaming girls to get his picture taken by the photogs, and just before he was dragged inside he ran back towards the crowd to greet people. He ended up running out of time so he bopped a bunch of people on the head, grabbed some outstretched hands and ran away. Rather amusing.
And then we had confetti!This premiere was reasonably fun. I guess it wasn't as much fun as some of the others since there weren't as many celebrities that I recognized. But people sure did get aggressive - the people in front of me (a Californian teenager and an old British lady) basically got into a shoving match because the woman was being shoved out of the way. Good lord.
I think the premieres will be better once the tourists go home and it's back to just the British people... and me!
2 comments:
Leanna, you really should start your own celebrity blog - I really enjoy your commentary. Though the picture with all the photographers and all their equipment is a bit intimidating, don't you think? and good grief, all those nobodies that show up just for self promotion? I admire your courage with the crowds and nut cases. Couldn't do it myself.
Gerard Butler had a pug... thought you should know that...
Post a Comment