Friday, July 17, 2009

Stratford Butterfly Farm

Shortly after we arrived in Stratford we headed over to the Butterfly Farm, which is apparently England's biggest. It was, in fact, quite lovely. Definitely puts the Calgary Zoo's butterfly section to shame. Utter utter shame.
The blue ones were my favorite - they were huge and very much attracted to my bright green shirt, which was lots of fun.

There was just simply a huge population of them - they were everywhere! No need to hunt for them, they swooped at you.
They also had birds! These are Chinese Button Quails, and I love them. They were so tiny, I just wanted to scoop them up and hold them!









Butterflies butterflies everywhere! I don't know what type of butterfly most of them are, so don't ask.
These are butterfly eggs! Crazy huh? They will eventually turn into caterpillars.
This butterfly liked Kirsten, too!


These were the blue ones that kept landing on me. This is the only one I got a picture of, since my camera is difficult to manage backwards. Kirsten got some pictures of the butterflies on me, I think.
It was neat watching their little feeder-tongue things come out to taste the orange. They tried it on my t-shirt as well, but apparently they didn't like the taste of cotton.
One more picture of the birds for the road. Aren't they cute!

Considering the admission price was so cheap, I would definitely recomend visiting if you like butterflies at all. They also had a section with large spiders and other crawly things like bettles and iguanas. Very cool indeed.

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.