Friday, July 10, 2009

Harry Potter Movie Premiere

One of the (many) perks about living in London is being able to see movie premieres. Well, not actually see the movie, but the red carpet nonsense. I'm sure that if I lived in New York, or L.A., seeing these types of things wouldn't be all that exciting, but I don't, so they are. Aaaanyways.

So the world premiere of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince happened in London this past Tuesday, and I decided to attend. Now, I didn't camp overnight in the rain. Nor did I get there more than about 30 minuted before I had to. So don't expect any autographs (what would I do with them?) or (very) close-up pictures. But I did wiggle mysel reasonably close to the walkway where the aforementionned famous people were walking, and with my zoom lens, snapped some decent photos. Enjoy!
Okay, I didn't take this picture. But, I am IN this picture! Yep, that's part of the crowd - the part that I was in. We were the crowd of people who couldn't be bothered to get there early enough to be let in the real crowd. If you can spot me in this picture, I'll give you a prize. And yes, I am 'close(ish)' enough to be able to spot me.
They had the movie playing at two theatres simultaneously in Leicester Square. This was the one that I was closest too.






I won't bother naming the above people, since I would imagine you know who they are. I'm not so sure about this pink-paisley suit combination, but I guess props are in order for being different.
This is Pixie Gedolf or something like that. I don't know why she's famous, only that people around me screamed for her. Wikipedia tells me that she is the daughter of Bob Gedolf, who is, apparently, famous. Still don't think she does anything.
This is a British comedian named Harry Enfield. He's pretty funny, and he's been on Top Gear, so that's cool. And, he was looking at my camera, which is cooler. Wearing a bright green raincoat seemed to help.
Look! It's Gordon Ramsey! He's not as wrinkly in real life... although I wasn't up close.
And... Clive Owen? I'm not sure why he was there, since he wasn't bringing children or anything, but still. Cool.
I'm not sure about this girl. She was obviously famous for something, since she waved and people cheered. Not sure if she's in the movie or just famous for something else. If you know, please do tell me.
Same with him. NO idea who he is but again, lots of screaming.
And this guy, too. I thought I was doing okay on my knowledge of British famous people, but apparently I am not.

Did you find me in the picture? No? Okay, I'll show you:
There I am! If you found me, I'm very impressed.

It was very cool to see such a large movie premiere, since the one for the Hangover that Shauna and Anna and I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago wasn't busy at all. I think I will keep my eyes open for news on any more premieres, and see who else I can find.



5 comments:

Nicole July 11, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

I found you!
Aww, I was gonna outline you in a photo, but then I saw you already did it.

Sister July 13, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

...so whats the prize??

Mom July 16, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

It is sort of like trying to find Waldo isn't it?
I think the young black man is a regular HP 'student' just all grown up - he always sat with Harry, Hermione, etc. The other young woman - do you remember the HP movie where they were in Syrius' house? I cannot remember her character's name but she was entertaining them with turning her nose into a pig's nose. I do know that eventually (in the books) she marries Professor Lupin and has a baby, too. Don't know who the other guy is though.

Anonymous July 16, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

I can totally hear your voice talking when i read that last word in your 1st paragraph!!!!!
so, i was wondering last week when i saw a news bit about that premiere, if you would be there!! and you were!
i think you meant to spell, GELDOF, he is like a knight or a sir now and was famous for being in an awesome band called the boomtown rats i dont like mondays being one of their songs; also the founder of Live Aid my dear! V. Important man!!
looks like tonnes of celebs were there! i love that clive owen guy and am glad you are back to the blog!
love ya again, jenn

Sister July 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

mmmkay black kid is dean thomas, ginny's boyfriend and harry's competition in this movie. i am officially a geek. :D xoxo

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.