Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Graffiti around Bristol

I'm not sure if Bristol is known for its graffiti, but I did find it a very 'rough' town. It's not the quaint English beauty that Stratford or Salisbury had. It was industrial and a bit scary at time. Lots of burnt-out buildings and dirt. Some of the graffiti was quite interesting, though, so enjoy.


Haha! Go Paddington Bear!


This appeared to be some type of church. I didn't get too close... it was a bit odd.
Nom nom nom.

Yes, by calling something a "Cultural Quarter", rather than "don't-come-here-after-dark-or-get-mugged Quarter", it makes it much less scary...
It was an interesting area to be in, but not one that I would linger in.

Bristol also had two lovely churches, but I will post information and pictures about them tomorrow when I've had more time to research them. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

PunkRawkKnitter August 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Bristol is supposed to be an artier town. If I remember correctly, there are a few famous art colleges and theater schools in the city. Also it's the city where "Skins" is based...which is like "the OC" only 100x better

Mom August 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

perhaps you should travel the world taking pictures of graffiti Leanna? would make a fascinating book - artsy but edgy? some of the art is amazing.

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.