Weekend and Wellies
I've had a lot more free time this past week, what with only working 1 shift, so I've been able to spend a lot more time in London!
Over the weekend I took my new housemate Tamryn to Portobello Road Market. As I'd already been there, I decided to bring the camera rather than the purse, since I don't always find things to buy there. Plus it was just a lovely day, and I can't pass up the opportunity to take pictures when the sky is so blue.
Tamryn had popped into a shop and left me outside to stare aimlessly at the little hotel across the street. It was quite lovely.
This little blue plaque was stuck on the wall on one of the adorable pastel houses along Portobello Road, yet I'd never seen it before. Usually I don't recognize the names on these places, they are all Duke of something or Lady whatever, but this time I knew who he is!
I just love the colors of these houses. So fresh.
You can tell its England - all these signs for beer! Heh.
After Portobello Road Market, we went to Westfield Shopping Centre, which is a huge fancy shopping mall in West London. We shopped and ate some fancy food, but I didn't snap any photos - frankly its not that exciting. Sunday was a lazy day, I cleaned and loitered around. I had lunch at a pub with my housemate Andrew and his friend Lindy. After that I went for a walk through the park, where the sun was just starting to set.
We tried to feed the ducks, but I think their bellies were already full. They pretty much ignored us.
I spend most of Monday wandering through London. I started at my usual spot at Westminster Abbey, where I could't resist snapping yet another photo of Big Ben. I'm trying to mix it up, I swear!
After Westminster I made my way through Hyde Park, where the trees are just beginning to flower. It smells wonderful.
After that the sun started to set, so I made my way back home. I love all these flowering trees, though. I wish the trees flowered back home. Everything just smells lovely here.
We tried to feed the ducks, but I think their bellies were already full. They pretty much ignored us.
I spend most of Monday wandering through London. I started at my usual spot at Westminster Abbey, where I could't resist snapping yet another photo of Big Ben. I'm trying to mix it up, I swear!
After Westminster I made my way through Hyde Park, where the trees are just beginning to flower. It smells wonderful.
After that the sun started to set, so I made my way back home. I love all these flowering trees, though. I wish the trees flowered back home. Everything just smells lovely here. Today was a lazy/cleaning day. I cleaned the kitchen and my room, and did a bit of laundry. Tomorrow I might head out for a bit, or I might kick around here and tidy some more. The possibilities are endless...
Next week I work at least 2 days, after that I'm done at HMV. I'm hoping to get out of the city once or twice especially while the weather is great. Not too hot, not too cold. Although I do need to find some wellies first. Who would've thought it'd be so damn hard?!
0 comments:
Post a Comment