Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wow

Yep, okay, I've been a blogger slacker, I'll admit it. I worked so much during the festive season that I didn't really feel like blogging and since I've been unemployed I've been searching for a couple to fill our spare room. Now that we've 99% found that couple, I'm back to living a slacker life for a while which means, more blog posts for you! Yay!

I've still got a bunch of pictures and such that need posting from way back in December, so bear with me while we look at my Christmas photos!
This was taken Christmas morning. It is our lovely little tree surrounded by mountains of gifts! I'm glad he got to fufill his Christmas destiny. In fact, he is still guarding the living room as no one has the heart to pack him up. We'll just pretend he's now my birthday tree and leave him up until the end of the month at least.

Here is our lovely turkey pre-cooking. We bought a turkey that had no legs, in fact. It was a lovely 6 pounder (I think??) and just the right amount of food for us - not a huge amount of leftovers. He had a hollow chest cavity (wasn't stuffed) and so he cooked within an hour or so. We gave him a bed of veggies and rubbed him down with butter and herbs.

And about an hour and a bit later, here's how he turned out! Lovely and brown and crispy. I can safely say that this was an exeptionally awesome meal! If the turkeys weren't so freaking expensive I would be eating turkey much more often!

Nicole also bought a trifle mix box for dessert, so here she is posing with our trifle concoction made to order in a bowl. I did the sprinkles...

2 comments:

Mom January 12, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

wow! before and after pictures for your xmas dinner - nice job guys - looks awesome and tasty but have to say the turkey looks odd without legs/wings and such

PunkRawkKnitter January 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

How does one find 99% of a couple? Is one of them missing an ear? A nose? A finger tip? Are they a couple 99% of the time? Are they in love and couplely all the except for the 14.4min before 11:30?

So confused...

Glad to see you had a good christmas abroad. Julia (Matt's little sis) is heading off for Ireland at the end of the month and she should be in Dublin until at least July. There is a minor (teeny tiny!) chance Mattandy will be headed that way at the end of April.

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.