Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Re-Cap of London

It seems very long ago that Matt and Mandy showed up here in London, but looking back I realized that I didn't really write any blog posts while they were here, so I figured I'd start with London!

I did post some pictures earlier of the Diwali festival and did a quick summary of some of the things in London, but here some more details (videos and pictures included!).

So, yes, Matt and Mandy arrived on Sunday, October 19th. I met them at the train station (our only sucessful meeting of the trip...more on that later) and we cam back to the apartment. I think we just ordered pizza that night, since they had had a long day and I was tired.

Monday the 20th we all headed out to see Westmintster Abbey. This was my fourth time seeing the Abbey but I still went in since it is very lovely inside.


I didn't take any pictures inside since you can't, but it was still lovely from the outside, despite being foggy and rainy.

After Westminster Abbey Matt and Mandy headed over to the London Aquarium, and I opted out. Instead I walked the length of the south bank from the London Eye to Tower Bridge, where I took a couple photos.



We all actually came back to Tower Brdige later in the week to go up it, and I took way more pictures then.

The bridge is actually in the process of being stripped and re-painted. Aparently it will take 3 years, and this is probably because they are only doing one part at a time, otherwise I'm sure tourists would be pissed that the bridge was covered in scaffolding.
I ended up across the river at the Tower of London.

Again, Matt and Mandy visited there later, so I've got more pictures, but I didn't go in, so you'll only get the outside view.



That night Matt and Mandy went to a Mighty Boosh concert and I came home to relax and do laundry. How exciting.

1 comments:

Mom November 2, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

were you standing in the middle of the road when you took that picture of the bridge?????

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.