Monday, October 6, 2008

London!

Alrighty, so the blog has finally arrived in London! I'm done with all the pictures that I took in Ontario, and will move onto London. I, of course, have been in London for a couple of weeks now, but I'm trailing a little bit in the photo-department.

Here are, in brief, some of the things that I originally wanted to blog about but never got the chance:

  • My plan of meeting/seeing lots of famous people got off to a good start, as I saw the fancy-moustached chef guy from that HGTV restaurant makeover show. I can't remember his name, but Cliff pointed him out. He was in the line-up in front of me at the British Airways counter.
  • I absolutely LOVE British Airways! They gave me all the free alcohol I could drink (not that I drank any, but still, I could've!), a free 'overnight' kit, which included toothbrish, toothpaste, sleep mask and socks, tons and tons of food, and lots of TV! I will definitely fly with them in the future.
  • I saw two policement at the Toronto International Airport riding Segweys through the airport. I thought that was pretty cool, too. They were pimped out Segwey, with lights and stuff.
  • I may have seen other 'famous' people while I was at Buckingham Palace. While I was walking away from the tourist hordes watching the changing of the guard, several policement appeared out of nowhere, stopped all the traffic, then two police-escorted SUVs with tinted windows blew through. The guys in the front (the visible ones), looked like bodyguard types. I like to imagine that it was the Queen, but I would imagine she'd travel by hellicopter. Hah.
  • British History TV is awesome! I've been watching so many cool shows on the land and Stonehenge and London and stuff - very educational!
  • European bed sizes are smaller than Canadian ones. My 'single' bed at the hotel... I could lay down with all my limbs hanging off!
  • They have much better snack options here than in Canada. And stranger potato chip flavors... paprika anyone?

That's pretty much all I can think of. I'm sure there's more funny stories, but for now, it's midnight and I'm heading off to bed!

0 comments:

Archive

Searching for Something?

Hello, I'm Leanna. Welcome to my blog. Here is where you'll find everything relating to my current living status in London.

Should you need to contact me, please do so via e-mail or through this blog.

E-mail is Leanna (dot) Conradson (at) Gmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

  © Leanna Conradson 2009. All Rights Reserved.